Lippincott® Connect Featured Title
Purchase of the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
Companion to the comprehensive hand therapy text, Orthotic Intervention for the Hand and Upper Extremity: Splinting Principles and Process
This comprehensive manual is the perfect resource for use in the classroom, during labs, and in clinical practice for both occupational and physical therapists. Additionally, it is a great reference for those studying to become a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT). The Fabrication Process Manual complements the main text, Orthotic Intervention for the Hand and Upper Extremity: Splinting Principles and Process, and clearly presents step-by-step instructions for the fabrication of the orthoses as well as providing alternative orthotic treatment options. The various orthoses and techniques presented allow the therapist to tailor each orthosis for the specific patient.
• Full-color photographs of actual patients provide hundreds of new clinical examples demonstrating the direct link to clinical practice.
• Larger Format of manual allowing for larger images and patterns.
• Manual is organized by Immobilization, Mobilization, Restriction and Non-articular Orthoses.
• Includes comprehensive step-by-step directions for more than 60 orthoses in addition to dozens more orthosis options included within the Clinical and Expert Pearls.
• Expanded Clinical Pearls and addition of Expert Pearls generously shared by dozens of hand therapy experts from around the world including unique orthotic ideas, tips, and material usage.
• Printable patterns available online to allow for easy accessibility and ability to resize for lab/clinic use.
Lippincott® Connect features:
• Lifetime access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
• Carefully curated resources, such as interactive diagrams, video tutorials, organ sounds, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
Lippincott® Connect also allows users to create Study Collections to further personalize the study experience. With Study Collections you can:
• Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
• Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
• Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
• Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.