1. Chapter 1 – Handling, restraint and pre-anesthetic assessment
2. Chapter 2 – Anatomy, Physiology, and Pharmacology
3. Chapter 3 – Sedation and Premedication
4. Chapter 4 – Injectable Anesthetics and Induction of Anesthesia
5. Chapter 5 - Local anesthetics and loco-regional techniques
6. Chapter 6 - Inhalation and Balanced Anesthesia
7. Chapter 7 - Monitoring
8. Chapter 8 – Fluid therapy
9. Chapter 9 – Anesthetic management of special conditions
10. Chapter 10 – Anesthetic complications
11. Chapter 11 – Mechanisms of pain
12. Chapter 12 – Assessment and Recognition of Acute Pain
13. Chapter 13 – Treatment of acute (adaptive) pain
14. Chapter 14 - Assessment and recognition of chronic (maladaptive) pain
15. Chapter 15 – Treatment of chronic (maladaptive) pain
Feline Anesthesia and Pain Management offers a definitive and practical guide to feline anesthesia and pain management.
The only book offering detailed practical information on anesthesia and pain management in cats, one of the world’s most popular pets
World renowned author team
Quick reference format with full color illustrations
• Offers detailed practical information on anesthesia and pain management tailored to the unique needs of cats
• Includes a team of world-renowned authors who are experts in veterinary anesthesia and analgesia
• Uses a quick reference format that makes the information easy to find and follow
• Presents full color images to illustrate concepts
• Paulo Steagall, MV, MS, PhD, DACVAA, is an associate professor of veterinary anesthesia and analgesia at the Université de Montréal in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
• Sheilah Robertson, BVMS (Hons), PhD, DACVAA, DECVAA, CVA, DACAW, Dip ECAWBM, is the chief medical officer for Lap of Love Inc, a large network of veterinarians offering home-based hospice and euthanasia.
• Polly Taylor, MA, VetMB, PhD, DVA, DipECVAA, MRCA, FRCVS, is a European and Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons specialist in veterinary anesthesia working as an independent consultant in veterinary anesthesia.