Published under the auspices of the International Association for the Study of Pain, Fibromyalgia Syndrome and Widespread Pain: From Construction to Relevant Recognition offers a holistic guide to the understanding and management of fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS), bringing together contributors and approaches from the worlds of medicine, complementary medicine, physical therapy, pharmacology and psychology. A unique and necessary approach to this debilitating condition!
• Chapters tackle a range of topics, including the history and clinical features and criteria of FMS, the variety of treatment and management options, differential diagnosis, epidemiology, genetic factors, and more.
• Succinct, precise writing style brings a laser-like focus to the material, highlighting what’s really important.
• Considers social, economic, psychological, and medical/clinical constructions of FMS.
• Includes a true-to-life account from a patient of what it’s like to live with FMS.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
• Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more.