Long considered the gold standard comprehensive reference for diagnosing and managing emergent health issues in children, Fleisher & Ludwig’s Textbook of Pediatric Emergency Medicine is an essential resource for clinicians at all levels of training and experience. The revised eighth edition has been updated from cover to cover, providing practical, evidence-based content to help you meet any clinical challenge in the emergency care of pediatric patients.
• Streamlines content for quick reference, focusing on patient and practitioner safety, essential pathophysiology, clear outcomes and triage considerations, and efficient cross-referencing between chapters.
• Presents the knowledge and expertise of numerous new contributors
• Includes new chapters on clinical pathways, clinical decision and support, multidisciplinary teamwork, and the importance of humanism in emergency medicine. Contains easy-to-follow algorithms, online links to The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s clinical pathways for managing critical patients, and clinical pearls throughout.
• Features an extensive signs and symptoms section, plus sections on resuscitation and stabilization, medical emergencies, trauma, surgical emergencies, and behavioral health emergencies.
• Includes helpful chapters on biological and chemical terrorism, equipment, parental instructions, procedures, and much more.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.