This full-color atlas offers a systematic guide to performing surgeries for the most common traumatic lesions of the foot and ankle. It features a wealth of didactic illustrations, achieved with a particular technique employing colors and transparencies that also reveals those anatomic structures that are not visible in the surgical field, but essential to a good outcome. Divided into seven chapters, the book provides coverage of all anatomic segments, presenting each topic logically and explaining all types of lesions, even the most difficult, complicated or infrequent ones; discussing the indications and objectives of the surgical treatment; describing the surgical technique (patient positioning, approach, tips and tricks for reduction, means of osteosynthesis); and providing recommended post-operative protocols. Unique in its exclusive focus on foot and ankle traumatology, this atlas offers an invaluable resource for all surgeons and residents who need a systematic overview of the main treatments options for these segments.
• Specifically covers the surgical treatment of foot and ankle traumatic injuries
• Includes full-color, detailed images with transparencies to reveal key anatomical structures
• Provides schematic and logical presentations of surgical techniques
• Offers a “hands-on” problem-solving approach
• Dr. Walter Daghino works as an Orthopaedic Surgeon Orthopaedic Clinic, CTO, of Turin University. In the last 18 years he has also been working at the Traumatological Centre Hospital (CTO) of Turin where his activity has been mainly devoted to foot and ankle surgery. Member of several national and international societies in the field (Board of the Italian Foot and Ankle Society (SICP), EFFORT, EFAS, SIOT), Dr Daghino has authored many peer reviewed articles and textbook chapters on international and Italian journals and he has been involved in the organization and coordination of several international and national courses about “Foot And Ankle Surgery”. He is also reviewer for the JOT (Italian Journal of Orthopaedics and Traumatology), Member of Editorial Board of JSM – Foot and Ankle and Member of the Panel of EC Orthopaedics journal.
• Prof. Alessandro Massè is Director of the Orthopaedic Clinic, CTO, of Turin University. He’s Associate Professor of Orthopaedics and Traumatology at the University of Turin from 2005. He is also Director of the Residency School in Orthopaedics and Traumatology, and has a teaching rome at the Residency School in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and at the Degree course in Nursing. He attended several stages at European and US Medical Centers; he has been the Italian delegate in the Board of Trustees of the AO Foundation from 2010, currently he's a member of several national and international scientific societies. Prof. Massè published more than 150 scientific papers in international and national journals and he has completed several interventions as "invited speaker" in national and international conferences, courses and scientific meetings.
• Dr. Daniele Marcolli works as an orthopaedic surgeon, staff member and chief surgeon of the foot and ankle surgery in the Orthopaedic Division of the Civil Hospital in Legnano (Milan). He is Member of the Italian Foot and Ankle Society (SICP), European Foot and Ankle Society (EFAS) and Italian Society of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (SIOT). Since 2011 he is part of the medical staff of Pallacanestro Varese basketball pro team. His main interest is the treatment of hind foot deformities and the outcomes of foot and ankle injuries.