Despite the extensive medical and surgical education orthopaedic surgeons obtain on the way to beginning their career, learning about critical practice management principles is an often-neglected topic. Written by Heather A. Vallier, MD, a trauma surgeon and professor at Case Western Reserve University, Foundations for Success in Orthopaedic Surgery serves as a much-needed career roadmap for orthopaedic residents, fellows, and early- to mid-career surgeons in medical centers or individual practices. In one concise, easy-to-read text, you will find essential information on academic and nonacademic career options, office systems and management, coding and billing, costs of care, marketing, medical malpractice, workplace safety, lifelong learning and more in medicine and surgery.
• Contains dozens of short, clearly written chapters covering Career Planning for Success, Getting Started in Practice, Fundamentals of Healthcare, The Business of Orthopaedic Surgery, Risk Management, Life Planning, and Continuing Education
• Features a handy glossary and list of acronyms and abbreviations
• Draws from years of Dr. Vallier’s and professional colleagues’ personal experiences, observations, and stories regarding professional advancement, the business aspects of practice, and considerations for life outside of medicine
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.