Table of Contents
• SECTION I: Athletic Training Is Health Care
Chapter 1 Athletic Training
Chapter 2 Professionalism and Patient-Centered Care
Chapter 3 Evidence-Based Health Care
Chapter 4 Health Care Administration, Leadership, and Advocacy
• SECTION II: Prevention, Health Promotion, and Wellness
Chapter 5 Workplace Safety: Aspects of Prevention, Health, Wellness and Safety
Chapter 6 Mitigation of Environmental Risk Factors
Chapter 7 Behavioral Health and Wellness
Chapter 8 Durable Medical Equipment and Protective Devices
Chapter 9 Protective Taping and Wrapping
• SECTION III: Foundations of Clinical Assessment and Diagnosis
Chapter 10 Tissue Healing and Wound Care
Chapter 11 Clinical Assessment and Diagnosis
Chapter 12 Acute Injuries: Assessment and Disposition
• SECTION IV: Foundations of Therapeutic Intervention
Chapter 13 Therapeutic Modalities and Mechanical Interventions
Chapter 14 Therapeutic Exercise Program
Chapter 15 Pharmacology, Therapeutic Medications, and Drug Testing
• SECTION V: Assessment and Diagnosis of Musculoskeletal Conditions
Chapter 16 Leg, Ankle-Foot Complex
Chapter 17 Knee Conditions
Chapter 18 Pelvic, Hip, and Thigh Conditions
Chapter 19 Shoulder Conditions
Chapter 20 Upper Arm, Elbow, and Forearm Conditions
Chapter 21 Wrist and Hand Conditions
Chapter 22 Lumbar Spinal Conditions
Chapter 23 Cervical and Thoracic Spinal Conditions
Chapter 24 Head and Facial Conditions
• SECTION VI: Assessment and Diagnosis of General Medical Conditions
Chapter 25 Throat, Thorax, and Visceral Conditions
Chapter 26 Cardiovascular Disorders
Chapter 27 Neurological Conditions
Chapter 28 Respiratory Tract Conditions
Chapter 29 Gastrointestinal Conditions
Chapter 30 Endocrine Conditions
Chapter 31 Physical Disabilities within Active Populations
Chapter 32 Common Infectious Diseases
Chapter 33 Dermatology
Lippincott® Connect Featured Title
Purchase of the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
Comprehensive and evidence-based, Foundations of Athletic Training, 7th Edition, integrates basic medical concepts and related scientific information to help readers develop a strong foundation in athletic training best practices. The text’s practical, problem-solving approach to the prevention, recognition, assessment, management, and disposition of sports-related injuries and diseases helps students learn to think like practitioners. Fully aligned with the BOC competencies, the 7th Edition has been extensively updated, expanded, and reorganized to reflect the changing role of today’s athletic trainer and includes a powerful suite of engaging learning tools to help students succeed.
• New chapters on Healthcare Administration, Leadership and Advocacy Professionalism, and Patient-Centered Care and extensively revised content throughout reflects the latest practices and helps you meet the challenges of today’s healthcare environment.
• Application strategies offer step-by-step instructions on how to perform skills, conduct assessments, and teach injury prevention exercises.
• EMS alerts highlight emergency situations requiring immediate medical attention.
• Critical thinking scenarios and questions teach you to critically analyze information and apply decision-making knowledge and skills to problems presented.
• Full-color images and anatomical illustrations help you confidently locate key muscles, nerves, and blood vessels and recognize sports-related injuries and medical conditions.
• Application questions challenge you to apply what you’ve learned.
Lippincott® Connect features:
• Lifetime access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
• Carefully curated resources, such as interactive diagrams, video tutorials, organ sounds, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
Lippincott® Connect also allows users to create Study Collections to further personalize the study experience. With Study Collections you can:
• Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
• Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
• Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
• Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.