The most current, comprehensive osteopathic text available, Foundations of Osteopathic Medicine, Fourth Edition defines osteopathic terminology and techniques and instills the confident understanding essential to clinical success. This proven resource is the standard text for teaching the osteopathic profession, providing broad, multidisciplinary coverage of osteopathic considerations in the basic sciences, behavioral sciences, family practice and primary care, and the clinical specialties.
Published in partnership with the American Osteopathic Association, this popular text makes the key tenets of osteopathic practice more accessible than ever and demonstrates a wide variety of osteopathic manipulative methods in vivid detail. More than half of this new edition is made up of all-new content, reflecting current practices in basic sciences foundation, the osteopathic approach to patient care, identifying somatic dysfunction, treating somatic dysfunction, osteopathic considerations in the specialties, and research investigating osteopathic principles. New illustrations and a full-color design bring concepts to life, and enhanced pedagogical features make the entire text easier to use for students and practitioners alike.
• Updated content equips students with the latest approaches to osteopathic medicine.
• New and updated illustrations clarify concepts and procedures.
• Dynamic case studies reinforce clinical applications.
• New full-color design engages students and makes learning more efficient.
• Bulleted lists detail key concepts at a glance.
• A complete glossary ensures fast access to essential terminology.
• Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
• Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more