This book meets the need for a resource that covers the core knowledge required to pass the SCE exam, which includes the broad field of respiratory medicine. This book is also highly applicable to core medical trainees sitting their MRCP examinations. The format is ideal for effective exam revision with individual chapters covering the key points of each condition in sufficient (but not excessive) detail. Examples of imaging (CXR, CT, PET-CT) are utilised to illustrate cases and descriptions of modern respiratory intervention such as the EBUS/EUS-guided sampling and medical thoracoscopy is included in this essential exam resource.
• Comprehensive coverage of respiratory medicine knowledge targeted at the SCE and MRCP exams
• One condition/subject per chapter for easy reference
• Written by senior and junior consultants so the subject matter is modern and appropriate, whilst also being authoritative
• Dr Simon Hart trained in Edinburgh, Fife, and the Scottish Borders. He did his PhD at the University of Edinburgh/Medical Research Council Centre for Inflammation Research where he studied phagocytic clearance of apoptotic cells by macrophages, and this was followed by an MRC Clinician Scientist Fellowship. He moved to East Yorkshire in 2008 as Clinical Senior Lecturer with Hull York Medical School and honorary Consultant at Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust. He is lead clinician for the regional Interstitial Lung Disease service and pursues basic science and clinical research in sarcoidosis and pulmonary fibrosis. He has been a question writer and examiner for the Royal College of Physicians and contributor to various British Thoracic Society committees.
• Dr Michael Greenstone trained in London and West Yorkshire before taking up his post as consultant physician at Castle Hill Hospital and Hull Royal Infirmary. He was Clinical Lecturer at the Cardiothoracic Institute, Brompton Hospital and was awarded an MD for research on respiratory tract cilia. He has been a reviewer and Associate Editor for the Cochrane Airways Group and contributed to British Thoracic Society guidelines on asthma, bronchiectasis and malignant mesothelioma. He has been an examiner and question writer for Royal College of Physicians examinations and is Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Hull York Medical School. His clinical interests include sleep- disordered breathing and ventilatory failure and he leads the tertiary level Sleep and Home Ventilation service.