• 1. Overview of FXS and Fragile X Spectrum Disorders
• 2. Autism Spectrum Disorders and Fragile X Syndrome: Intertwined and Guiding Interventions
• 3. The Diagnosis of Fragile X syndrome: New Advances, Population Screening and Cascade Testing
• 4. Molecular Advances in Fragile X Syndrome and Fragile X-associated Disorders
• 5. Medical, Psychopharmacological and Targeted Treatment for FXS
• 6. Behavioral Interventions to Improve Tantrums, Aggressions, Anxiety, and Mood Instability
• 7. Women’s Issues in Fragile X Spectrum Disorders
• 8. FXTAS: New Advances and Treatments
• 9. My baby has just been diagnosed with Fragile X Syndrome: What is there to know?
• 10. Academic Intervention and Therapies for Children with FXS
• 11. International Perspective on Identification and Treatment of Fragile X Syndrome and Associated Disorders
• 12. Parent Advocacy and Establishing an International Parent Support Organization
This book covers both molecular and clinical aspects of Fragile X Syndrome (FXS) and premutation disorders so that new targeted treatments can be understood by clinicians and parents. It covers all premutation disorders including FXTAS, FXPOI and FXAND problems. The main focus is to help clinicians to give the best care possible to patients with FXS and to understand a multidisciplinary treatment approach. Underserved populations such as babies and toddlers with FXS and mothers with the full mutation are highlighted, including the treatments that can be beneficial to them. This book also discuss fragile X associated disorders as they impact the family whose proband has FXS. A highlight of this book is the international perspective on how different cultures deal with FXS and targeted treatments.