• Technique of Intraoperative Consultation
• Quality Assurance in Frozen section
• Intraoperative Evaluation of the Gastrointestinal Tract
• Intraoperative Evaluation of the Liver, Extrahepatic Bile Ducts, Gallbladder, and Pancreas
• Head and Neck Pathology
• Thyroid and Parathyroid
• Frozen Section of Breast and Sentinel Lymph Node
• Genitourinary Pathology
• Frozen section in lung and pleural pathology
• Frozen Sections in Neuropathology
• Frozen Section in Gynecologic Pathology
• Frozen Sections in Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology
• Frozen Section and Intraoperative Consultation in Hematopathology
• Frozen Sections in Kidney Transplantation
• Intra-operative consultation and molecular pathology.
This book provides guidance regarding the approach to common scenarios encountered in the frozen section laboratory while underscoring diagnostic pitfalls and providing the proper level of diagnostic information to ensure clear communication. Given the use of frozen section in molecular and research pathology, the text also serves as a guide for morphologic examination. Written by experts in the field, the book is organized according to organ system with additional chapters discussing the roles of digital pathology and molecular assays. Each chapter is extensively illustrated to highlight key points that facilitate interpretation and highlight areas for potential error. The goal of this book is to help trainees understand the need for mastery of this unique diagnostic tool, and to aid pathologists who cover frozen section convert practical information provided into diagnostic improvements.
Frozen Section Pathology is a comprehensive and state-of-the-art review and serves as a valuable resource for the general surgical pathologist with frozen section responsibilities as well as surgeons who regularly utilize frozen section.
• A comprehensive and state of the art review of frozen section diagnosis
• Written by experienced frozen section practitioners and quality assurance experts
• Chapter are extensively illustrated to highlight key points that facilitate interpretation and highlight areas for potential error