1. History and Evolution of Functional Neurosurgery
2. Facial Pain Classification and Outcome Measurement
3. Microvascular Decompression for Cranial Nerve Compression Syndromes
4. Trigeminal Ganglion/Rootlets Ablation for Pain
5. Management of Peripheral Nerve Neuralgia
6. Peripheral Nerve Stimulation for Pain
7. Spinal Cord Stimulation for Pain
8. Advances in Spinal Modulation (Waveform and DRG)
9. Occipital Nerve Stimulation
10. Deep Brain Stimulation for Pain
11. Spinal Ablation for Cancer Pain (Cordotomy and Myelotomy)
12. IDDS for Pain
14. Spinal Rhizotomy for Pain
15. Trigeminal Tractotomy
16. Pre-Surgical Localization of Epilepsy
17. Principles and Techniques of Awake Brain Mapping
19. sEEG vs. Grids and Strips
20. Temporal Lobe Resection
21. Cortical Dysplasia and Extratemporal Resections in Epilepsy
23. Brain-Computer Interface
24. Laser Interstitial Thermal Therapy
25. DBS: Targets and Evolution
26. Microelectrode Recording in Functional Neurosurgery
27. Asleep-DBS using CT
28. iMRI-Guided Deep Brain Stimulation
29. Deep Brain Stimulation for Psychiatric Disorders
30. Closed-loop/Adaptive DBS
31. Robotics in Stereotactic Neurosurgery
32. Peripheral and Central Ablation for Spasticity
33. IDDS for Spasticity
Functional Neurosurgery and Neuromodulation provides comprehensive coverage of this emerging, minimally invasive area of health care. Recent advances in these areas have proven effective for pain relief, memory loss, addiction, and much more. This practical resource by Drs. Kim J. Burchiel and Ahmed Raslan brings you up to date with what’s new in the field and how it can benefit your patients.
• Offers expert guidance on functional neurosurgery and neuromodulation, lists of requirements, and the instruments needed to perform these procedures.
• Answers practical questions such as "What do I need when performing a thermal procedure?", "What do I need to bear in mind when assembling a device?", and "What do I need to remember with regards to voltages, electrodes, percutaneous leads, RF generators, imaging, and micro instruments?"
• Consolidates today’s available information and guidance in this timely area into one convenient resource.
• Kim J Burchiel, MD, FACS, John Raaf Professor, Department of Neurological Surgery, Professor, Dept. of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA.
• Ahmed M. Raslan, MD, FAANS, Associate Professor in Neurological Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA