This book is a comprehensive and current guide to the diagnosis and treatment of the entire spectrum of anorectal diseases. It focuses mainly on anorectal problems, as anorectal pathology is often more complex and challenging for surgeons than colonic diseases.
The book covers anorectal anatomy, physiology, and embryology as a foundation to a detailed description of preoperative, intraoperative, and post-operative patient management. All surgical procedures are shown in step-by-step detail by leading surgeons and gastroenterologists.
This book will be relevant to general, colon, and rectal surgeons in training and practice, gastroenterologists, and other practioneers with an interest in anorectal diseases.
• Written by world class surgeons and gastroenterologists
• Presents diagnoses and treatment of the entire spectrum of anorectal diseases
• A complete, comprehensive and current compendium
• David E. Beck, MD, FACS, a Clinical Professor of Surgery at the F. Edward Herbert School of Medicine in Bethesda and the Chairman, Department of Colon and Rectal Surgery at the Ochsner Clinic Foundation; New Orleans. A well published author of many journal abstracts and articles, Dr. Beck has written many Textbooks on Colorectal Surgery and has contributed chapters to several others. His extensive editorial activities currently include being an Editorial Board Member of Current Surgery, a reviewer of Diseases of the Colon and Rectum and Editor in Chief of Clinics in Colon and Rectal Surgery.
• Scott R. Steele, MD is a practicing Colorectal Surgeon in Cleveland, OH. Dr. Steele graduated from University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health in 1997 and has been in practice for 20 years. Dr. Steele accepts multiple insurance plans including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Medical Mutual of Ohio. Dr. Steele also practices at The Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, OH. In addition to English, Dr. Steele's practice supports these languages: Russian, Spanish, Arabic, French and German.
• Steven D. Wexner, MD, FACS, FRCS, FRCSED, Chair, Advisory Council for Colon and Rectal Surgery (1998-2003), American College of Surgeons; Chair (2003), Intl Committee, Chair (2003), Intl Advisory Committee, Chair (2003), Membership Committee, Program Committee (2003), American Society for Colon and Rectal Surgeons; In 1993 helped establish the Young Surgeons Committee which offers an exchange program with the Association of Coloproctology of GB & Ireland; Ed Board of Diseases of the Colon & Rectum.