The go-to tool for mastering histology, Gartner & Hiatt's Atlas and Text of Histology, 8th Edition, equips medical, dental, allied health, and biology students with a concise review of all of the major tissue classes and body systems in an engaging approach optimized for superior classroom and clinical success. A consistent presentation combines relevant text and detailed photomicrographs to facilitate understanding and provide valuable review for in-class and licensing examinations. Helpful explanatory text in each chapter details Histophysiology, Clinical Considerations, Summaries of Histologic Organization, and more, accompanied by more than 700 vivid, full-color, high-quality images.
• NEW! Streamlined organization aligns relevant text, figures, and Clinical Considerations in one place to help students study most effectively.
• NEW! Clinical vignette-style review questions provide valuable self-assessment and board exam preparation.
• More than 700 images - including colorful photomicrographs and illustration as well as clear electron micrographs - clarify relevant structures and anatomic relationships.
• Tissues That Resemble Each Other appendix hones students' ability to distinguish commonly confused tissues.
• Clinical Considerations demonstrate the link between histology and pathophysiology.
• Chapter Outlines and Summaries of Histologic Organization keep students focused on key concepts.
• Histologic Techniques chapter elucidates various stains and techniques.
• Abundant tables consolidate related topics for fast, efficient review.
• Lippincott (R) Connect features:
• Full access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
• Carefully curated resources, such as interactive diagrams, audio and video tutorials, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
Lippincott (R) Connect also allows users to create Study Collections to further personalize the study experience. With Study Collections you can:
• Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
• Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
• Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
• Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.