Praise for the previous edition:
"Extraordinary achievement … this volume stands on its own as a marvelous feat in bringing such a vast array of clear and coherent instruction to endoscopists at all skill levels."—Gastroenterology
Written and edited by internationally renowned specialists, the third edition of Gastroenterological Endoscopy covers the entire spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for the upper and lower GI tract while providing the latest overview of GI disorders. A great wealth of high-resolution photographs provides the visual information needed to confidently assess and diagnose mucosal lesions of the entire digestive tract. Significant advances in the field—both medical and technical—since the last edition are covered in comprehensive detail.
• New panel of top international editors, continuing the tradition of excellence, depth, and breadth as originated by founding editors Classen, Tytgat, and Lightdale; list of contributing authors is a "who's who" of GI endoscopy
• Coverage of newest, advanced tools and techniques: gastric-POEMS, submucosal tunnel endoscopic resection (STER), lumen-apposing metal stents, "over-the-scope" clips, and much more
• More than 1,500 exquisite images
Gastroenterological Endoscopy, third edition, surely deserves a prominent place in any complete endoscopy reference collection.
• Michael B. Wallace, MD, is Professor of Medicine at the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
• Paul Fockens, MD, is Professor and Chair of the Dept. of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
• Joseph Jao-Yiu Sung, MD, PhD, is Mok Hing Yiu Professor of Medicine and Director of the Institute of Digestive Diseases of The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
An award-winning international medical and scientific publisher, Thieme has demonstrated its commitment to the highest standard of quality in the state-of-the-art content and presentation of all its products. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing.