WIEBERS, D.; FEIGIN, W.; BROWN, R.
Written by leaders in the field of stroke medicine,Handbook of Stroke, Third Edition, is a concise, one-stop guide covering all aspects of clinical management of patients with cerebrovascular disorders. This user-friendly handbook brings you up to date with the most recent advances and knowledge in the field, providing practice-oriented overviews and recommendations that save lives and reduce impairment of function. It addresses specific situations you’re likely to encounter, offering clinical guidance based on available evidence and practical experience.
• Covers everything from clinical and laboratory assessment, differential diagnosis, and initial management to medical and surgical treatment, prognosis, rehabilitation, and stroke prevention.
• Includes new chapters on the global burden of stroke and restorative therapies following stroke.
• Provides expert state-of-the-art guidance on acute stroke treatment, cerebrovascular disease genetics, primary stroke prevention, management of unruptured intracranial aneurysms, and current therapies for stroke-related symptoms and disorders.
• Guides your decision making with clear presentations of the thought processes that experienced neurovascular clinicians typically use, including what can be learned from the history, clinical management algorithms, when patients with stroke should be hospitalized vs. evaluated as outpatients, and more.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.