This textbook offers an up-to-date, user-friendly guide on the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of heart failure. Each chapter is dedicated to providing comprehensive coverage of every aspect of heart failure from cardiac signs and symptoms through imaging and the genetic basis for disease to surgery, interventions, treatment and preventative cardiology. Heart Failure provides the trainee and practising cardiologist, cardiac surgeon, vascular surgeon, diabetologist, cardiac radiologist and any physician who manages cardiac patients with a valuable resource featuring extensive guidance on the diagnosis and management of a range of conditions related to heart failure.
• Broadly covers heart failure from genetics and symptoms through to treatment and preventative methodologies
• Provides a disease-based perspective of heart failure
• Features clear easy to understand treatment boxes in each chapter to reinforce key concepts covered in each chapter
• Professor David S. Feldman, MD, is a Cardiovascular Disease (Cardiology) specialist in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He attended and graduated from Medical College Of Georgia in 1994, having over 24 years of diverse experience, especially in Cardiovascular Disease (Cardiology). He is affiliated with many hospitals including Abbott Northwestern Hospital, University Of Cincinnati Medical Center. Dr. David S. Feldman also cooperates with other doctors and physicians in medical groups including Allina Health System.
• Professor Paul Mohacsi, MD is staff member at the Department of Cardiac Surgery of the University Hospital Basel and was till 2017 chief cardiologist at the Department of Cardiology of the University Hospital (Inselspital) Bern, Switzerland, and full Professor of heart failure and Medical Director of heart failure, cardiac transplantation and ventricular assist device therapy at the same institution.
Dr. Mohacsi is Swiss board certified in internal medicine and cardiology and was postdoctoral fellow at Prof. Randall E. Morris’ lab at Stanford University, USA. He has over 30 years of clinical experience. He was founding executive board member of EUROMACS (European Registry for Patients with Mechanical Circulatory Support e.V.). He was member of several steering committees and data safety monitoring boards.
Dr. Mohacsi is past-president of the Swiss Working Group on Heart Failure of the Swiss Society of Cardiology and honorary member of the Hungarian Society of Cardiology. He was visiting professor at St. Paul’s Hospital in Vancouver/BC (2010).