Hodgkin’s lymphoma revisited
Hematopoietic stem cell transplant pathology: role of laboratory in transplant
Acute myeloid leukemia: an update
Newer complete blood count parameters of clinical significance
Inhibitors in coagulation
Histopathology of lymphoreticular system (including both lymph nodes and bone marrow biopsy)
Molecular biology of B & T acute lymphoblastic leukemia
Complement-mediated hematological disorders
Genetics of inherited red cell membrane disorders
Megaloblasticanemia and dual nutrition deficiency
Inherited disorders of platelet function in relation to hematopoietic transcription factors and their mutations
Update on testing for von Willebrand disease
Advances in flow cytometry based paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria detection
Role of microRNA in normal and malignant hematopoiesis
Hepatic coagulopathy: intricacies and challenges
Iron metabolism and iron deficiency anemia
Minimal residual disease assessment in myeloma
Alloantigens and their role in immune cytopenia
Myelodysplastic syndrome 2017
Prenatal diagnosis of inherited hematological disorders
Minimal residual disease in acute lymphoblastic leukemia
RBC membrane disorders
Lab diagnosis of Microangiopathic hemolytic anemia
Lab monitoring of anticoagulants
Next generation sequencing in hematological disorders
This book covers recent advances in the understanding and management of essential hematological pathologies. In addition to updates on Hodgkin’s lymphoma, acute myeloid leukemia and other disorders, it provides essential information on transplant pathology, and the molecular and genetic aspects of hematological disorders. Offering a practical approach to lymphoma diagnosis, the book will help hematologists and pathologists alike make accurate diagnoses in keeping with the latest classifications and methodologies. A wealth of photographs and algorithms help readers understand the laboratory approach to the diagnosis of hematological disorders, reflecting the latest advances in the field.
The book offers a valuable resource for residents of MD pathology, DM hematopathology and clinical hematology, as well as practitioners of hematology.
• Highlights the latest advances in the understanding and treatment of various hematopathologies
• Includes a wealth of algorithms and tables to aid in comprehension
• Written and edited by experts working at respected centers in their fields
• Dr. Renu Saxena is a Professor and head of the Department of Hematology, All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. Her main interests are in the diagnosis and molecular genetics of hemostasis, thrombosis, thalassemia, hemoglobinopathies, hemolytic disorders, and acute and chronic leukemias. DNA analysis for hemophilia A linkage studies, intron 22 and 1 inversion, von Willebrand disease characterization, F V Leiden, prothrombin 20210 and MTHFR gene mutations are some of the areas in which she has been actively involved. Dr Saxena has published more than 350 papers in national and international journals, and is a fellow of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (FNAMS) and International Medical Sciences Academy. In addition, Dr Saxena serves on the editorial boards of numerous national and international journals and on subject expert committees for national scientific bodies like the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), and Department of Biotechnology (DBT). She has been principal investigator for 26 funded research projects, and has received 17 prestigious national and international awards for her contributions in hematology, including the BC Roy Award from the Medical Council of India.
• Dr. Hara Prasad Pati received his MD pathology from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi and subsequently worked as a senior resident/ senior research officer at the Department of Pathology at the same institute. He is currently working as a Professor of Hematology at AIIMS. His research areas include acute leukemia, chronic leukemia (CML), MDS, drug trials (deferiprone), hemostasis, functional platelet disorders, venous thrombosis particularly splanchnic venous thrombosis, red cell enzymology, hemato-poietic cell colony culture, electron microscopy, angiogenesis, immuno-histochemistry and flow cytometry.
Dr Pati has published more than 200 papers in national and international journals and 30 book chapters, and has co-edited six hematology books. Presently, he is editor-in-chief of the Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion. Dr Pati is a fellow of the International Medical Sciences Academy, Indian College of Pathologists and Indian Society of Hematology, and a member of the American Society of Hematology and British Society of Hematology.