• Part 1: Clinical demographics and management
1. Risk Factors of Hepatocellular Carcinoma for Precision Personalized Care
2. Hepatocellular Carcinoma Surveillance and Staging
3. Changing Epidemiology of Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Role of Surveillance
• Part 2: Diagnosis and prognostication
4. Radiological diagnosis and characterization of HCC
5. Analysis of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Tissue for Biomarker and Therapeutic Target Discovery
6. Molecular subtypes and genomic signatures of hepatocellular carcinoma for prognostication and therapeutic decision making
7. Liquid Biopsy in Hepatocellular Carcinoma
• Part 3: Treatment
8. Surgical Therapies in Hepatocellular Carcinoma
9. Interventional Radiologic Therapies for Hepatocellular Carcinoma: From Where We Began To Where We Are Going
10. Precision Locoregional Therapies for Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Percutaneous Ablation and Radiotherapy
11. Molecular-targeted therapies in hepatocellular carcinoma
12. Immune therapies
13. Prevention Strategies for Hepatocellular Carcinoma
• Part 4: Molecular pathogenesis and therapeutic discovery
14. Molecular Alterations and Heterogeneity in Hepatocellular Carcinoma
15. Stromal and Immune Drivers of Hepatocarcinogenesis
16. Experimental Models for Preclinical Research in Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
This book provides a comprehensive overview of the current limitations and unmet needs in Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. It also provides newly emerging concepts, approaches, and technologies to address challenges. Topics covered include changing landscape of HCC etiologies in association with health disparities, framework of clinical management algorithm, new and experimental modalities of HCC diagnosis and prognostication, multidisciplinary treatment options including rapidly evolving molecular targeted therapies and immune therapies, multi-omics molecular characterization, and clinically relevant experimental models. The book is intended to assist collaboration between the diverse disciplines and facilitate forward and reverse translation between basic and clinical research by providing a comprehensive overview of relevant areas, covering epidemiological trend and population-level patient management strategies, new diagnostic and prognostic tools, recent advances in the standard care and novel therapeutic approaches, and new concepts in pathogenesis and experimental approaches and tools, by experts and opinion leaders in their respective fields.By thoroughly and concisely covering whole aspects of HCC care, Hepatocellular Carcinoma serves as a valuable reference for multidisciplinary readers, and promotes the development of personalized precision care strategies that lead to substantial improvement of disease burden and patient prognosis in HCC.
• Provides a new strategy to advance the clinical care of patients.
• Provides a comprehensive overview of HCC diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
• Written by experts in the field.