List of abbreviations
• Section 1 Introduction
Chapter 1 Forty Year Evolution of High Throughput Mass Spectrometry: A Perspective.
• Section 2 LC-MS
Chapter 2 The LeadSampler (LS-1) sample delivery system: integrated design and features for high- efficiency bioanalysis
Chapter 3 Evolution of Multiplexing technology for high throughput LC/MS analyses
• Section 3 ESI-MS without chromatographic separation
Chapter 4 Direct Online SPE-MS for High-Throughput Analysis in Drug Discovery
Chapter 5 Acoustic Sampling for Mass Spectrometry: Fundamentals and Applications in High- Throughput Drug Discovery
Chapter 6 Recent advances in ion mobility-mass spectrometry for drug discovery
Chapter 7 Differential Mobility Spectrometry and its Application to High Throughput Analysis
• Section 4 Special Sample Arrangement
Chapter 8 Off-line Affinity Selection Mass Spectrometry and its Application in Lead Discovery
Chapter 9 On-line Affinity Selection Mass Spectrometry
Chapter 10 Native Mass Spectrometry in Drug Discovery and Development
• Section 5 Other Ambient Ionization other than ESI
Chapter 11 Laser Diode Thermal Desorption-Mass Spectrometry (LDTD-MS): Fundamentals and Applications of sub-second analysis in Drug discovery environment
Chapter 12 Accelerating Drug Discovery with Ultrahigh-Throughput MALDI-TOF MS
Chapter 13 Development and applications of DESI-MS in drug discovery
• Section 6 Conclusion
Chapter 14 The impact of HT-MS to date and it’s potential to shape the future of metrics-based experimentation and analysis
High-Throughput Mass Spectrometry in Drug Discovery
Apply mass spectrometry to every phase of new drug discovery with this cutting-edge guide
Mass spectrometry is a technique that identifies and characterizes compounds based on their mass — the fundamental molecular characteristic. It has become an invaluable analytical tool in various disciplines, industries, and research fields. It has become particularly central to new drug discovery and development, which broadly deploys mass spectrometry at every phase. The pharmaceutical industry has become one of the main drivers of technological development in mass spectrometry.
High-Throughput Mass Spectrometry in Drug Discovery offers a comprehensive introduction to mass spectrometry and its applications in pharmaceutical discovery. It covers the foundational principles and science of mass spectrometry before moving to specific experimental methods and their applications at various stages of drug discovery. Its thorough treatment and detailed guidance make it an invaluable tool for pharmaceutical research and development.
High-Throughput Mass Spectrometry in Drug Discovery readers will also find:
• Detailed analysis of techniques, including label-free screening, synthetic reaction optimization, and more
• An authorial team with extensive combined experience in research and industrial applications
• Technical strategies with the potential to accelerate quantitative bioanalysis in drug discovery
High-Throughput Mass Spectrometry in Drug Discovery is essential for analytical, bioanalytical, and medicinal chemists working in the pharmaceutical industry and for any researchers and graduate students interested in drug discovery and development.
• Chang Liu, Ph.D., is a Staff Research Scientist at SCIEX, a global leader in the design and production of mass spectrometers. He has published extensively on using mass spectrometry in drug discovery and development.
• Hui Zhang, Ph.D., is the Vice President of Analytical Technologies at Entos, a biotech company focusing on Artificial Intelligence and High-Throughput Experimentation driving drug discovery. He has published widely on mass spectrometry and its pharmaceutical applications through his previous tenure at Pfizer.