Combining a reader-friendly textbook and a rich, full-color atlas, Histology: A Text and Atlas: With Correlated Cell and Molecular Biology, 9th Edition, equips medical, dental, health professions, and undergraduate biology and cell biology students with a comprehensive grasp of the clinical and functional correlates of histology and a vivid understanding of the structural and functional details of cells, tissues, and organs.
The 9th Edition of this bestselling resource reflects the latest advances in cellular and molecular biology and relevant imaging techniques, accompanied by large, highresolution illustrations and full-color photomicrographs that clarify microanatomy in vibrant detail. System chapters align conveniently with curricula units and emphasize a clinical context, making this proven approach ideal for integrated curricula as well as standalone histology courses.
• High-resolution, full-color digital photomicrographs—including 435 spread across more than 100 atlas plates— clarify key structures in micro-anatomy view.
• Boxed Clinical and Functional Correlation Folders boost students’ clinical readiness by introducing conditions they may encounter on rotations during clerkship and increase understanding of the related basic science.
• Histology 101 note card-style reviews reinforce essential chapter content in a readerfriendly format.
• Color-coded bold key terms and clinical information; bulleted text; and staining techniques, tissue types, and other tables provide reference and review content at a glance.
• Updates include . . .
• Multiple-choice and clinical vignette/USMLE-style questions with answers online test students’ retention and comprehension and strengthen board exam preparation