Chapter 1 How to Nurse?
Chapter 2 How Do You Pay Attention?
Chapter 3 How Is Nursing a Relating Practice?
Chapter 4 How Are Nursing Obligations Determined?
Chapter 5 How Do We Know?
Chapter 6 How Is Nursing Practice a Theorizing Process?
Chapter 7 How Are Context and Culture Always Relevant in Nursing?
Chapter 8 How Is Family Significant To All Nursing?
Chapter 9 How Do Strategies and Checkpoints Support Relational Inquiry?
Chapter 10 How Does Nursing Contribute to Interprofessional Practice?
Chapter 11 How Do You Enact Leadership In Every Moment of Practice?
How to Nurse: Relational Inquiry in Action, Second Edition, presents a groundbreaking, research-informed approach to help students engage in a thoughtful process of inquiry to more intentionally and consciously develop their knowledge and nursing practice, boost their confidence and ability to act in alignment with their nursing values and competently navigate the complexities of contemporary healthcare settings as they care for patients and families. Focusing on the "how" of relational inquiry instead of the "what," the text's conversational style and concrete examples make complex ideas more accessible while encouraging in-depth exploration. Each chapter gradually builds on existing knowledge to ensure understanding for readers at all levels, accompanied by engaging tools that bridge theoretical approaches to practical application in clinical settings.
• UPDATED! Revised content reflects the most current practices informed by the latest evidence-based research.
• NEW! Relational Inquiry Toolbox features highlight knowledge, strategies, inquiry frameworks and checkpoints to strengthen your everyday nursing practice.
• To Illustrate features reinforce key concepts with real-life examples of patients and families, former students, practice nurses and clinical nurse specialists.
• Try it Out activities challenge you to engage with chapter content and apply concepts in a range of ways.
• Text Boxes summarize essential relational inquiry ideas and strategies at a glance.
• Figures and Images clarify the relationship between ideas and stimulate your critical thinking capabilities.
• Learning Objectives help you prioritize chapter content and make the most of your study.
• An Example stories illustrate key points in the text.