1. Biology of the Echinococcus
2. Hydatid Disease of the Liver: Clinical Presentation and Complications
3. Diagnosis of Hydatid Disease of the Liver
4. Surgical Management of Hydatid Liver Disease
5. Drug Therapy in Hydatid Disease of the Liver
6. Alveolar Hydatid Disease
7. Primary Splenic Hydatidosis
8. Hydatid Disease of the Kidney
9. Primary Extrahepatic Abdominal Hydatidosis
10. Minimally Invasive Management of Hepatic Hydatidosis
The book explores various aspects of hydatid disease, including the background, parasitology, epidemiology, etiology, pathogenesis and presentation in humans. It features dedicated chapters on hydatidosis of liver, spleen, peritoneum, kidney, pelvis, and disseminated hydatid disease, and also provides detailed information on the latest surgical and non-surgical methods for treating the condition, such as drug therapy and laproscopic management. The book is primarily intended for undergraduate and postgraduate students of surgery and medicine, but is also useful to veterinary science students and pharmaceutical companies. Further, it serves as a valuable reference resource for academics and researchers in associated fields.
• Offers comprehensive coverage of the latest information about hydatid disease involving various organs of the human body in a single compact book
• Covers latest evidence based approach in diagnosis and management of the disease
• Includes clinical approach to the disease entity in detail for better understanding
• Features illustrations supporting the content for quick and easy learning
• Dr Ajaz Ahmad Malik did his post-graduation in general surgery from Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS), Srinagar, India and later joined as a faculty member in the department of surgery. He is presently working as professor and division head in the department of general and minimal invasive surgery at SKIMS. He has many publications in various national and international journals to his credit and has delivered numerous lectures in various national conferences. He is a fellow of International College of Surgeons (FICS), Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (FIAGES), Minimal Access, Ganga Ram Hospital and associate fellow of American College of Surgeon (FACS). He is a co-investigator of ICMR sponsored project on hydatid disease in Kashmir.
• Dr Shams ul Bari did his post-graduation in general surgery from Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS), Srinagar, India. He is presently working as an associate professor in the department of surgery, SKIMS Medical College. Earlier, he worked as a consultant at Government Gousia Hospital. He has many publications in various national and international journals and has delivered numerous lectures in various national conferences. He has been awarded fellowship of International College of Surgeons (FICS) and Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (FIAGES). He is a member of editorial board of World Journal of Gastroenterology, World Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery and member of the International editorial board of IBIMA Publishing, USA.