1. A History of Thermology and Thermography
2. The Physics of Human Thermography
3. Thermal Imager Fundamentals
4. Verifying Thermal Imager Calibration
5. Thermal Physiology & Thermoregulation
6. Environmental Conditions and Patient Preparation
7. Formatting and Analysis of Thermal Images
8. Thermography Report Generation
9. Breast Thermography
10. General Thermography
11. Thermography by Specialty
12. Future Developments in Human Thermography
13. An Atlas of Normal Human Thermography
Want to incorporate medical infrared imaging into your practice but can’t find a book that explains how to do it? Well, this book is for you! Complete, practical instructions are provided on imager choice and care as well as the physical needs of a thermography service from the imaging room layout to the computer requirements. How to acquire, interpret, and report a thermal examination is covered in detail. Fully illustrated with both normal and abnormal images, Human Medical Thermography provides practitioners of all types with the knowledge to design and operate a scientifically based thermography practice.
• Shows how to select the best thermal imager for your clinical practice, care for it, and use it correctly.
• Explains how to take medical quality thermal images and scale them for maximum visual effect using the guidelines detailed in this book.
• Details myriad ways that thermography can aid in medical diagnosis and improve surgical outcomes.