ICD-10-PCS 2024: The Complete Official Codebook contains the complete ICD-10-PCS code set and supplementary appendixes required for reporting inpatient procedures. This illustrated codebook presents the code set in 17 sections of tables arranged by general procedure type. Tables within the extensive Medical and Surgical section are additionally sectioned out by body system, indicated by color-coded page borders.
ICD-10-PCS contains classifications for procedures, devices, and technologies.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Summary of changes — Quickly see how additions and deletions affect each section of ICD-10-PCS.
• Complete ICD-10-PCS 2024 code set — The code set is organized in 17 sections. Each section contains a code table by which a code can be built through character selections that reflect the procedure performed. A character meanings table and citations to American Hospital Association’s Coding Clinic® start each section.
• Official coding guidelines — Learn how to use the code set appropriately following the guidelines specific for each section.
• Illustrations — The color illustrations provide a visual explanation of anatomy and procedural approach.
? Approach illustrations show the access location, method, and instrumentation that determine the approach.
? Body parts with indicators to applicable code characters (provided immediately after the Character Meaning tables in the Medical/Surgical sections).
• Visual alerts —This edition provides color-coding and symbols that identify male/female procedures and new/revised character values.
• Detailed information on structure and conventions of ICD-10-PCS — Learn about the unique structure and the specific definitions and functions of each character. Practice your skills with sample exercises (answers included).
• Color-coding and symbols for the Medicare Code Edits — This edition includes color-coding and symbols for the most comprehensive coverage of ICD10 MS-DRG MCEs for procedures including:
? Non-covered procedures.
? Limited-coverage procedures.
? Combination-only procedures.
? Non-operating room procedures affecting MS-DRG assignment.
? Non-operating room procedures not affecting MS-DRG assignment.
? Hospital-acquired condition (HAC)-related procedures.
• Procedure combination tables — Identify ICD-10-PCS code-combination requirements needed to satisfy certain MS-DRG requirements.
• Valuable resources to enhance productivity — Resources to help guide the user, including:
? Root operation definition table for medical/surgical section.
? Root operation for medical/surgical section, grouped by objective.
? Operation/Type definition tables for other ICD-10-PCS sections.
? Body-part definitions and body-part key for accurate identification of correct body-part character.
? Device key and device aggregation tables.
? Approach definitions.
? Substance key.
The American Medical Association is the physician’s powerful ally in patient care. Our efforts focus on four critical areas: representing physicians with a unified voice, removing obstacles that interfere with patient care, leading the charge in confronting public health crises and driving the future of medicine.
For more than 50 years, the AMA has used its knowledge and resources to produce products and services for the health care industry that generate business efficiencies and empower physicians to provide high-quality care. The AMA product line includes titles on CPT®, HCPCS and ICD-10 coding; reimbursement; practice management; impairment; and HIPAA and electronic health records.