2. Clinical Imaging
3. Optical Imaging
5. Imaging the Host Response
6. Bacterial Imaging
7. Fungal Imaging
9. Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamics Relationships
10. Biodistribution and Pharmacokinetics of Antimicrobials
11. Image Analyses
12. Imaging in the Developing World
This books brings together multi-disciplinary expertise to provide comprehensive information about molecular imaging of infectious diseases. Also described are the development of new imaging technologies for infectious disease and their translation to the clinic.
The overall goal of Imaging Infections: From Bench to Bedside is to spur interest and innovation in this emerging field. We anticipate that these technologies will not only allow unique insights into understanding pathogenesis of infections but also expedite bench-to-bedside translation of new therapeutics. While molecular imaging is already in common use in the clinic, this book demonstrates how it could also become a valuable tool for clinical studies, patient care, public health, and for enabling precision medicine for infectious diseases.
• Comprehensive summary of the field of infectious diseases imaging
• Describes a valuable tool for enabling precision medicine for infectious diseases
• Discusses the various different imaging technologies currently available
Sanjay K. Jain, Director, Center for Infection and Inflammation Imaging Research, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA