This latest edition of the Immunization Handbook for Pharmacists provides practical and timely updates for pharmacists and pharmacy personnel who are involved in pharmacy-based immunization services. Updated throughout, it provides a step-by-step process for developing and implementing immunization services. This is the only book of its kind on immunization practices written by a pharmacist for pharmacists.
• Written in a “how-to” format with practical guidance for implementing a successful immunization practice
• Guidelines, tips, and practice considerations during a pandemic
• Practical advice for pharmacists, pharmacy managers, and owners on increasing vaccination rates
• Details on workflow models, standing orders, vaccine storage, handling, and administration guidance
• Vaccine safety, prevention of errors, and adverse event management
• Vaccine-preventable diseases and vaccine product information on most of the vaccines licensed in the United States