1. Acute Posterior Multifocal Placoid Pigment Epitheliopathy
2. Serpiginous Choroiditis
3. Punctate Inner Choroidopathy
4. Multifocal Choroiditis and Panuveitis
5. Multiple Evanescent White Dot Syndrome
6. Acute Zonal Occult Outer Retinopathy
7. Birdshot Chorioretinopathy
8. Sympathetic Ophthalmia
9. Vogt–Koyanagi–Harada Disease
10. Intermediate Uveitis
12. Behçet Disease
13. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
14. Posterior Scleritis
15. Autoimmune Retinopathy
16. Intraocular Tuberculosis
17. Evaluation of Ocular Tuberculosis
18. Cat-Scratch Disease
21. Fungal Infection
24. Ocular Cysticercosis
25. Diffuse Unilateral Subacute Neuroretinitis (DUSN)
26. Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection and Cytomegalovirus Retinitis
27. Acute Retinal Necrosis and Progressive Outer Retinal Necrosis
This atlas covers most ocular inflammatory and infectious diseases of importance with clinical significance. It includes chapters on non-infectious diseases and chapters on infectious diseases. For each chapter, essential information regarding the clinical features, diagnosis, and management is described in the text based on the up-to-date knowledge, and more than 240 carefully selected photographs are provided. World-famous experts in this field have included as many as valuable photographs of patients as possible. New imaging tests of ultra-wide field retinal images and high-resolution optical coherence tomography are included in addition to conventional fundus photos and fluorescein angiographs. Especially, chapters on infectious diseases provide invaluable photos of rare but clinically important diseases.
Designed to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of ocular inflammation and infection, this book is meant for the retina specialist, researchers of ocular inflammation, general ophthalmologist, resident and retina fellow.
Inflammatory and Infectious Ocular Disorders atlas is one of the nine volumes of the series Retina Atlas. This series provides global perspective on vitreoretinal diseases, covering imaging basics, retinal vascular disease, macular disorders, ocular inflammatory and infectious disorders, retinal degeneration, surgical retina, ocular oncology, pediatric retina and trauma. This comprehensive atlas is spread over 9 volumes and about 100 chapters, covering validated and comprehensive information on retinal disorders.
• Chapters contributed by world’s eminent doctors in ocular inflammation
• Includes clinical photographs of ocular inflammatory and infectious disease with newer imaging techniques
• Provides updates in clinical features, diagnosis, and management of ocular inflammatory disease
• Includes numerous invaluable images of rare but clinically important diseases
Dr. Yu is a Professor at Seoul National University (SNU) College of Medicine and is in charge of the retina and uveitis service at Seoul National University Hospital (SNUH), where he has set up two special clinics: the Uveitis Clinic and the Hereditary Retinal Disease clinic. He has been the Chair of the Department of Preclinical Research at the SNUH Bioresearch Institute since 2016, and the founding President of the Korean Association of Retinal Degeneration since 2014. He is a member of the ISBD (International society of Behcet disease) council and a board member of the Korean Retina Society and Korean Uveitis Society. He is also a member of IUSG (International Uveitis Society Group) and Macula Society. He was the first recipient of the Korean Retina Society Academy Award and received the Distinguised Service Award from the APAO (Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology) in 2016 and 2017.
Further, he has participated in numerous clinical trials as a principal or co-investigator. His interests include clinical and translational research on ocular inflammatory diseases as well as retinal degeneration. He has published over 200 scientific papers in international journals, was a chief editor for several books, including Asian Retina (Elsevier), Ophthalmic Laser Treatment, Inherited Retinal Diseases, and Uveitis (Korean Elsevier) and contributed chapters to various textbooks, such as Retina (Mosby) and Advances in Vision Research - Volume I and II (Springer).