KAKEHATA, S.; ITO, T.; YAMAUCHI, D.
1. Innovations in Endoscopic Ear Surgery
2. The TEES Lineup: Non-powered TEES, Powered TEES, and the Dual MES/TEES Approach
3. Setup and Safety of Powered TEES
4. Resected Area During Transcanal Endoscopic Ear Surgery for Cholesteatomas with an Antral Extension
5. Computer Simulations of Transcanal Endoscope Ear Surgery
6. Presurgical Diagnostic Imaging of Middle Ear Cholesteatomas for Transcanal Endoscopic Surgery
7. Approach to the Inner Ear by “Underwater” Endoscopic Ear Surgery: Its Utilization and Prospects
8. An Augmented Reality Interface for Endoscopic Ear Surgery
9. Regeneration of Middle Ear Mucosa for TEES
10. Bone Curette Handle for Improved Bone Removal in Endoscopic Ear Surgery
11. Endoscopic Regenerative Medicine for Tympanic Membrane
12. Three-Dimensional Displacement of the Endoscope
13. Endoscopic Surgery for Adhesive Otitis Media
This book focuses on endoscopic ear surgery, an area that has been the focus of cutting-edge research around the globe, particularly in Italy, the United States and Japan.
Ear surgery has begun to catch up with other fields of medicine in incorporating the endoscope into surgical procedures, and endoscopic, minimally invasive ear surgery is garnering international attention.
Innovations in Endoscopic Ear Surgery presents the work of the Japanese “school” of surgeons involved in advancing endoscopic ear surgery and, in particular, transcanal endoscopic ear surgery (TEES). This book not only seeks to explain TEES in detail to allay surgeons’ concerns regarding this procedure, it also describes the recent advances such as the incorporation of powered instruments to extend the range of TEES; combining TEES with the latest techniques in regenerative medicine; taking advantage of the progress in computer technology such as 3D simulations and virtual reality and more. Innovations in Endoscopic Ear Surgery is designed to help smooth the learning curve for beginners as well as guide all readers onto the new paths which endoscopic ear surgery is embarking upon.
• Provides an overview of cutting-edge endoscopic ear surgery
• Includes current technologies topics such as powered instruments, 3D imaging and printing
• Written by leading experts in the field