Inpatient Dermatology is a concise and portable resource that synthesizes the most essential material to help physicians with recognition, differential diagnosis, work-up, and treatment of dermatologic issues in the hospitalized patient.
Complete with hundreds of clinical and pathologic images, this volume is both an inpatient dermatology atlas and a practical guide to day-one, initial work-up, and management plan for common and rare skin diseases that occur in the inpatient setting.
Each chapter is a bulleted, easy-to-read reference that focuses on one specific inpatient dermatologic condition, with carefully curated clinical photographs and corresponding histopathologic images to aid readers in developing clinical-pathologic correlation for the dermatologic diseases encountered in the hospital. Before each subsection the editors share diagnostic pearls, explaining their approach to these challenging conditions.
This book is structured to be useful to physicians, residents, and medical students. It spans dermatology, emergency medicine, internal medicine, infectious disease, and rheumatology. Inpatient Dermatology is the go-to guide for hospital-based skin diseases, making even the most complex inpatient dermatologic issues approachable and understandable for any clinician.
• Pre Concise and portable guide for dermatologists, emergency room and internal medicine physicians
• Provides the most important items for work-up, differential diagnosis, and treatment of dermatologic issues in the hospitalized patient
• Complete with hundreds of high quality, full-color images of dermatologic entities, both clinically and histopathologically
• Offers tools to help physicians with how to handle common consults and emergencies
• Provides the reader with focused charts of what labs to order on what patients and when
• Dr. Misha A. Rosenbach is Assistant Professor and Associate Program Director of Dermatology in the Department of Dermatology at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
• Dr. Robert Micheletti is Assistant Professor of Dermatology and Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
• Dr. Karolyn A. Wanat is Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Dermatology and Pathology at the University of Iowa.