1. Interventional Procedures: Patient-Centered Approach
2. Ultrasound-Guided Procedures
3. DBT-Guided Biopsy
4. Mammographically Guided Procedures
5. MRI-Guided Biopsy Procedures
6. Radiology-Pathology Correlation
This book provides a comprehensive description and explanation of how to perform image-guided percutaneous procedures of the breast and how to manage the results.The authors of the book are expert radiologists trained in breast imaging and are dedicated to patient care and teaching. The intent of this book is that it is used as an educational tool to help develop interventional breast procedural skills and how to apply them in a clinical setting. The book is unique in that it pertains exclusively to percutaneous image-guided breast procedures with a patient-centered focus. Each image modality will be discussed in a separate chapter – ultrasound, mammography, and MRI. Also included is a dedicated chapter focusing on the novel technique of digital breast tomosynthesis-guided procedures. To conclude the book, there is a chapter devoted to radiology/pathology concordance with lesion management. This is an ideal guide for practicing radiologists and physicians in training.
• Details all current breast imaging-guided procedures in one single reference source
• Implements a unique patient-centered approach to breast imaging procedures and practices
• In-depth coverage of the new digital breast tomosynthesis-guided procedures
Cherie M. Kuzmiak, DO, FACR, FSBI is Associate Professor of Radiology at UNC School of Medicine where she is also Director of the Breast Imaging Division and Breast Imaging Fellowship Program. She has won a number of awards for her work in radiology and has published widely on breast imaging and interventional procedures.