The updated guide to understanding and implementing today’s interventional cardiology procedures
Minimally invasive methods of cardiovascular intervention are developing apace, propelled by unprecedented advancements in technology and procedural expertise. Bearing exciting implications for a broad range of adjacent fields of surgery and patient care, these innovative techniques are of ever-increasing importance, not only within cardiology, but across medicine as a whole.
This third edition of Interventional Cardiology is designed to equip practitioners of all levels with a working knowledge of today’s best and most up-to-date practices, as well as the fundamental principles that underlie their use. Expertly revised to span coronary interventions, interventional pharmacology, structural heart interventions, endovascular therapy, and more, its modular sections are accompanied by multiple-choice questions to help aid learning and self-assessment.
The new edition of Interventional Cardiology features:
• A thorough survey of the field, including atherogenesis and inflammation, vascular access controversies, radiation protection concepts, acute and chronic interventional pharmacology recommendations for high risk subjects/procedures
• Evaluations with imaging and physiology, including physiologic assessment in the cardiac catheterization lab, intravascular ultrasound, and optical coherence tomography
• Discussions of revascularization in various clinical settings, including stable coronary heart disease, acute myocardial infarction, he management of cardiogenic shock, and hemodynamic support devices and techniques
• Examinations of coronary interventions in various lesion types, including complex lesions, left main, bifurcations, CTO
• Heart valve disease and relevant percutaneous interventions, including preop imaging and clinical evaluations and outcomes assessment in great depth and with technical details; left atrial interventions are an expanding frontier
• Peripheral vascular, carotid and aorta/branch diseases are covered in greater detail than previous editions; venous disease treatments have become well established
• Accompanied by a companion website featuring videos illustrating key procedures and interactive multiple choice questions
Whether studying for certification or already working in advanced practice, medical professionals of all kinds will benefit greatly from the practical instruction and cutting-edge knowledge found within this vital third edition.