• Traditional and sonographic pregnant uterus anatomy
• Comparison between the traditional and ultrasonographic pelvimetry
• New sonographic pelvimetric parameters of intrapartum ultrasonography and new literature review seven years later from the first edition
• Intrapartum ultrasonography techniques developments:2D,3-4 D, colour and MRI applications
• Intrapartum diagnosis of fatal head malposition and malrotations and fetal /neonatal and maternal outcomes in operative delivery ( caesarean section, vacuum extractor and forceps)
• Neuraxial labor analgesia technique and management: intrapartum ultrasonography and maternal and a fetal outcomes
• Ultrasonography in labor, delivery in pathological mother (myoma patients, obesity, metabolic syndrome, pericardiomyopaties peripartum)
• New devices use in intrapartum ultrasonography state of the art
• Intrapartum ultrasonography in low setting resources
• Abnormal Invasive Placentation and ultrasonographic diagnosis and management
• Normal and pathological puerperium early and late ultrasonographic diagnosis
• New guidelines in intrapartum ultrasonography
• Intrapartum ultrasonography and malpractice, liability, litigations, and claims
• Intrapartum ultrasonography learning curve for obstetrics and midwife in Medical Simulation Centres official institutional courses (Simulation, Clinical Training & Simulation Instructors.
This updated book is a practical guide to intrapartum ultrasonography to help practitioners improve labor and delivery, and to limit, where possible, complications.
Presenting the authors’ experiences, the book summarizes the state of the art in normal and abnormal labor. It clearly documents the use of intrapartum ultrasonography to evaluate the first and second stages of labor and diagnose the occiput posterior and transverse positions. Each situation is analyzed with the help of numerous informative images and invaluable tips and tricks showing how fetal head engagement and progression can be documented objectively. The importance of ultrasound in obstetrics risk management is also addressed.
Explaining how intrapartum ultrasonography can be used to assess whether a safe natural delivery is likely or whether operative procedures are required, the book is a valuable resource for all professionals – physicians and midwifes alike – caring for women in labor.
• Documents all aspects of intrapartum ultrasonography in labor and delivery management
• Provides invaluable tips and tricks on how best to detail fetal head engagement and progression
• Explains how the technique allows excellent assessment of the need for operative procedures
• Includes numerous illustrations