Master the sonography content and skills you need to prepare for, and succeed in, your specialized career! Introduction to Sonography and Patient Care, 2nd Edition, provides essential information and real-world applicable content, bridging the gap between didactic and clinical training. An easy-to-understand writing style and logically organized format take you step by step through each aspect of this dynamic, rewarding, and continually evolving imaging specialty.
• Features an all-new, full-color format throughout.
• Covers new topics such as diversity, learning styles and strength identification, stress management, resume construction and interview tips, and critical thinking skills; and contains more information on emotional intelligence, vascular and echocardiography, musculoskeletal sonography, and the neonatal brain.
• Mirrors JRC-DMS standards throughout, includes clinical applications in every chapter, and provides case studies online—all designed to prepare you for the rest of your training program, certification, clinical practice, and beyond.
• Emphasizes the obligation for compassionate patient care as you move toward your goal of becoming a certified professional diagnostic sonographer.
• Includes topics often omitted in other texts, such as basic physics principles, instrumentation, knobology, patient positioning, professionalism and work ethic, equipment care, quality assurance, and legal essentials.
• Features helpful appendices covering medical terminology, English-to-Spanish phrases, patient care procedures, and more.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.