Now in striking full color, this updated edition of Clarkson’s Joint Motion, Muscle Length, and Function Assessment: A Research-Based Practical Guide offers an accessible and comprehensive presentation of the clinical evaluation and functional application of joint range of motion. Throughout the book, easy-to understand discussions of different types of goniometers, alternate methods of assessment, the reliability and validity of other joint ROM tools, and contraindications and precautions prepare students for effective practice.
A clear and concise writing style, outstanding illustration program, and built-in learning aids, including case studies, chapter objectives, and practical examination forms, make this an ideal resource for future physical and occupational therapists.
• NEW! A four-color design featuring full-color photos and colorized line illustrations helps students master key techniques and anatomical structures.
• NEW! A “Quick Find” TOC at the beginning of each chapter makes it easy for students to locate key information—ideal for study and review!
• NEW! Practice Makes Perfect boxes and icons highlight the availability of online practical examination forms.
• Unique coverage of joint ROM using the universal goniometer, a topic not typically covered in muscle testing textbooks, prepares students for successful practice.
• Easy-to-understand coverage of the functional range of motion and functional movement patterns required for performance of daily activities at the joint enhances the presentation.
• Outstanding line art depicts the therapist's hand and goniometer positions in relation to deep anatomical structures (bone and muscle) in the end positions of joint ROM measurement.
• eBook available for purchase. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and more