The sixth edition of Joint Structure & Function and Kinesiology in Action work together to create an interactive learning experience that teaches students the knowledge and skills to effectively evaluate and treat human movement disorders.
The text provides comprehensive foundational knowledge. DavisPlus equips instructors with the lesson plans and activities they need to create active classroom where students can apply what they're learning. Davis Edge tracks student progress and assesses their knowledge in real time until they've mastered the must-know concepts.
This popular text offers the clear, logical discussions of joint structure and muscle action, combined with an evidence-based approach needed to understand joint dynamics in both health and disease.
Kinesiology in Action, an interactive, online program, guides students step-by-step through an immersive multimedia experience that tracks their progress until they've mastered the concepts and are ready to apply them in practice. An access code inside new printed texts unlocks Kinesiology in Action.
• Focuses on normal structure and function rather than specific patient problems to show how deviations from normal may create or underlie dysfunction.
• Prepares students to evaluate and treat human movement disorders with lucid discussions of biomechanics, joint structure, connective tissue behavior, and muscle physiology.
• Features an evidence-based approach that applies current research to the challenges of daily practice.
• Clarifies key information with more than 800 photographs, radiographs, scans, and illustrations.
• Emphasizes the practical application of kinesiologic principles, and the close link between normal and disordered musculoskeletal function, with patient case studies at the beginning each chapter and case applications throughout the text.
• Highlights key points with "Concept Cornerstone" boxes and periodic summaries.
• Promotes critical thinking on controversial topics through "Continuing Exploration" boxes.
• Offers ‘Study Questions' at the end of each chapter.
• New to this edition are full-colour illustrations and anatomy overview tables for each joint chapter.