This user-friendly text and atlas combination is filled with clear explanations, art, and micrographs to elucidate key concepts and facilitate learning
For more than four decades, this trusted classic has been considered the hands-down best overview of human tissue structure and function. Accessible yet comprehensive, Junqueiras Basic Histology provides everything you need to know about cell biology and histology, integrating the material with that of biochemistry, immunology, endocrinology, and physiology; it provides an excellent foundation for subsequent studies in pathology. It covers all tissues, every organ system, organs, bone and cartilage, blood, skin, and more.
Formatted in a way that optimizes the learning process, Junqueira's explains how to study the structures of cells and tissues; the cell cytoplasm and nucleus; and the four basic tissue types and their role in the organ systems. Each chapter includes multiple-choice self-test questions enabling readers to assess their comprehension of important material; some questions utilizing clinical vignettes or cases to provide real-world relevance.
Junqueira's is written specifically for students of medicine and other health-related professions, as well as for advanced undergraduate courses in tissue biology?and there is nothing else like it.
• Self-test questions in every chapter
• Key points and summary tables highlight key content
• Clinical correlations presented with each topic
• Illustrations depict key aspects of cell biology and histology
• Electron and light micrographs deliver a definitive atlas of cell, tissue, and organ structures
• Valuable appendix explains light microscopy stains
• Lab manual alerts readers to see what they are actually reading about in real-life patients; enhanced lab manual available online
• Links to Junqueira micrographs