Succinct, authoritative, and affordable, Kaplan & Sadock’s Concise Textbook of Psychiatry, 5th Edition, provides must-know information in clinical psychiatry from the names you trust. From cover to cover, it contains the most relevant clinical material from the bestselling Kaplan and Sadock’s Synopsis of Psychiatry, 12th Edition, including the foundational chapters on assessment, the disorder specific chapters, and all of the treatment-specific chapters among other essential topics such as emergency psychiatry, ethics, and palliative/end-of-life care. New editors Robert Boland and Marcia L. Verduin, along with consulting editor Pedro Ruiz, have updated all content with a focus on reformatting and summarizing for faster access to key information.
• Provides concise but thorough coverage of the entire field of clinical psychiatry, including biologic, psychologic, and sociologic factors in health and disease.
• Offers step-by-step guidance on the clinical examination, the psychiatric report, medical assessment of the psychiatric patient, laboratory tests, and signs and symptoms, as well as all psychiatric and substance-related disorders, with special chapters on children, adolescents, and the elderly.
• Presents the most current treatment methods including descriptions of all modern psychotherapeutic techniques.
• Contains real-world case histories throughout and features a unique glossary of psychiatric signs and symptoms.
• Includes thorough updates and revisions throughout, all consistent with the DSM-5.
• Presents a comprehensive overview of the clinical aspects of psychiatry for clinicians, residents, students, and all others who provide mental health care.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.