Now in vibrant full color, Kaplan and Sadock’s Pocket Handbook of Psychiatric Drug Treatment, 8th Edition, remains your reference of choice for easy-to-find information on the full spectrum of psychiatric drug therapies. Written by Dr. Samoon Ahmad, this trusted resource provides a wealth of data for each drug, presenting information in a clear, concise manner for quick, efficient retrieval. This edition brings you fully up to date in the field, with new information on cannabis, psychedelics, psychotropic medicines and medical comorbidities, genetics and pharmacogenomics testing, and more.
• Includes new chapters on cannabis; psychedelics such as psilocybin, MDMA, and ketamine; and genetics and the role of pharmacogenomics testing, brain stimulation, and other novel technologies in psychiatry
• Includes many new FDA-approved drugs, as well as updated information about drug selection and use that reflects both research data and clinical experience
• Addresses the complex relationship between the use of psychotropic medicines and medical comorbidities, including metabolic complications, with emphasis on recognition, investigations, treatment, and management
• Features a new, full-color format with color icons that highlight side effects, notable benefits, and other important indications for each drug
• Provides a wealth of data for each drug: chemical name; preparation and dosages; pharmacologic actions; indications for use and clinical applications; use in children, elderly persons, and pregnant and nursing women; side effects and adverse and allergic reactions; and drug-drug interactions
• Ideal for psychiatrists and other physicians, as well as psychiatric residents, medical students, clinical psychologists, psychiatric nurses, and other professionals who provide care for patients with mental illness
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Samoon Ahmad M.D. Professor of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine; Unit Chief of the Acute Inpatient Unit, Bellevue Medical Center, New York, NY.