From the authors of pharmacology's most trusted textbook, Katzung & Trevor's Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, this full-color resource delivers a clear, concise review of fundamental concepts backed by more than 1,000 review questions and answers. The chapter-based approach facilitates use with course notes or larger texts and provides exactly what students need to excel on medical pharmacology course exam and on the boards.
Valuable learning aids include:
• Short discussion of the major concepts that underlie basic principles or specific drug groups in every chapter
• Explanatory figures and tables (many in full color)
• Review questions followed by answers and explanations
• Overview diagrams visually organize drug groups and concepts
• A list of high-yield terms and definitions you need to know
• Skill Keeper Questions prompt readers to review previous material to understand links between related topics
• A checklist of tasks students should be able to perform upon completion of each chapter
• Summary tables that list the important drugs and include key information about their mechanisms of action and effects, clinical uses, pharmacokinetics, drug interactions, and toxicities
• Two comprehensive 100-question examinations followed by the answer keys and explanations for the correct answers
• An appendix describing test-taking strategies for improving your test performance
• Anthony Trevor, PhD (San Francisco, CA) Professor Emeritus of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Cellular & Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco.
• Bertram G. Katzung, MD, PhD (San Francisco, CA) Professor Emeritus Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco.