IZQUIERDO JR., L; HENRÍQUEZ, M; MANNIS, M.
• SECTION 1 Keratoconus Principles
1 Keratoconus: A Brief History
2 Keratoconus: Definitions
3 Epidemiology of Keratoconus
4 Genetics of Keratoconus
5 Pathophysiology of Keratoconusid
6 Biomechanics of Keratoconus
• SECTION 2 Clinical Classification and Course
7 Keratoconus Classification Systems
8 Clinical Course and Progression of Keratoconus
• SECTION 3 Diagnosis and Associated Disorders
9 Differential Diagnosis of Keratoconus
10 Keratoconus: Associated Systemic Diseases
11 Inflammation in Keratoconus
12 Psychology of Keratoconus
13 Artificial Intelligence in Keratoconus
• SECTION 4 Imaging
14 Corneal Topography in Keratoconus
15 Scheimpflug Imaging for Keratoconus and Ectatic Disease
16 Dual Scheimpflug Tomography and Placido Topography
17 Ocular Wavefront Analysis.
18 Epithelial Thickness Mapping for Keratoconus Screening by VHF Digital Ultrasound or Anterior Segment OCT
19 Confocal Microscopy
20 Other Diagnostic Imaging Tools for Keratoconus
• SECTION 5 Non-Surgical Management
21 Keratoconus: Diagnosis and Management With Spectacles and Contact Lenses
• SECTION 6 Surgical Management
22 Surgical Planning in Keratoconus
23 Intrastromal Corneal Ring Segments Mechanism and Techniques
24 Anatomy of Intracorneal Ring Segments for the Treatment of Keratoconus and Other Corneal Ectasias
25 Intrastromal Corneal Ring Segments: Outcomes and Complications
26 Corneal Cross-Linking: History, Physiology, and Techniques
27 Corneal Cross-Linking: Results and Complications
28 Corneal Collagen Cross-Linking in Pediatric Patients With Keratoconus
29 Corneal Laser Surgery for Keratoconus
30 Phakic Intraocular Lenses
31 Lamellar Keratoplasty in Keratoconus
32 Penetrating Keratoplasty in Keratoconus
33 Combined Procedures for Keratoconus
34 Alternative Surgical Techniques: Bowman’s Layer Transplantation and Stromal Regenerating Techniques
35 Cataract Surgery in the Keratoconus Patient
36 Cellular Therapy of the Corneal Stroma: A New Type of Corneal Surgery for Keratoconus and Corneal Dystrophies-A Translational Research Experience
37 Medical and Surgical Management of Corneal Hydrops
• SECTION 7 Case Studies
38 Central Keratoconus: Case Study
39 Very Early Keratoconus: Case Study
40 Advanced Keratoconus: Case Study
Offering practical clinical guidance for early diagnosis and effective management, Keratoconus: Diagnosis and Management is a concise, easy-to-read guide to help minimize loss of vision in patients in a way that does not interfere with quality of life. From early diagnosis and intervention through the most up-to-date treatment approaches, this comprehensive reference covers the essential information needed by cornea fellows and specialists, general ophthalmologists and residents, and optometrists.
• Provides expert, step-by-step guidance and real-world perspectives from global contributors in the field.
• Covers the latest advances in cornea transplantation, corneal collagen cross-linking (CXL) in adult and pediatric patients, intrastromal corneal rings, intraocular lenses, corneal regeneration, and laser surgery.
• Includes numerous quick-reference boxes highlighting essential clinical facts, pitfalls, potential complications, and clinical guidelines throughout.
• Presents case studies of actual patient scenarios from early to advanced disease states.
• Features high-quality imaging for keratoconus at various stages, including OCT, Brillouin scanning microscopy, Scheimpflug and combined Placido and Scheimpflug, combined Placido and AS-OCT, clinical and surgical photos, and more.
• Luis Izquierdo, MD, PhD, Professor of Ophthalmology Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos Chair, Department of Ophthalmology Oftalmosalud Instituto de Ojos Lima, Peru.
• Maria A. Henriquez, MD, PhD, Chief of the Research Department, Oftalmosalud Instituto de Ojos Professor of Ophthalmology Universidad San Martin de Porras Lima, Peru.
• Mark J Mannis, MD, FACS, Professor and Chair, Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Science, UC Davis Health System Eye Center, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA, USA