• SECTION I: INTRODUCTION AND BASIC CONCEPTS
1. History, Evolution, and Current Scenario of Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
2. Training for Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
3. Clinical Anatomy Related to Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
4. Basic Principles and Techniques of Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
5. Patient Selection
6. Stoma and Its Complications
• SECTION II: PERIOPERATIVE CARE OF PATIENT
7. Bowel Preparation in Colorectal Surgery
8. ERAS in Colorectal Surgery
9. Anesthetic Management of Laproscopic Colorectal Surgery
10. Complications in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
• SECTION III: LAPAROSCOPY IN BENIGN COLORECTAL DISEASES
11. Laparoscopic Ileocecal Resection
12. Laparoscopic Appendectomy
13. Laparoscopic Sigmoid Colectomy for Diverticulitis
14. Laparoscopic Rectopexy for Rectal Prolapse
15. Laparoscopic-Assisted Stomas and Stoma Reversal
16. Laparoscopic Restorative Proctocolectomy and Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomosis
17. Parastomal Hernias
• SECTION IV: LAPAROSCOPY COLORECTAL CANCER SURGERY
18. Laparoscopic versus Open Colorectal Resection: An Evidence-Based Review
19. Laparoscopic Right Hemicolectomy for Right Colon Cancer
20. Laparoscopic Transverse Colectomy for Transverse Colon Cancer
21. Laparoscopic Hemicolectomy for Left Colon Cancer
22. Laparoscopic Anterior Resection and Total Mesorectal Excision for Rectosigmoid Cancer
23. Techniques for Laparoscopic Low Anterior Resection, Ultra Low Anterior Resection, and Inter Sphincteric Resection (ISR)
24. Laparoscopic Conventional Abdominoperineal (CAPE) and Extra-Levator Abdominoperineal Resection (ELAPE)
25. Laparoscopic Subtotal/Total/Proctocolectomy
26. Laparoscopic Management of T4. Tumor and Pelvic Exenteration for Locally Advanced Tumors
27. Laparoscopic Surgery in Obstructed and Recurrent Tumors
28. Resection for Colorectal Liver Metastasis
29. Specimen Retrieval after Laparoscopic Colectomy and NOSE
• SECTION V: ROBOTIC COLORECTAL SURGERY
30. Robotic Colonic Cancer Surgery
31. Robotic Rectal Cancer Surgery
• SECTION VI: TRANSANAL SURGERY
32. Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery (TAMIS)
33. Transanal Total Mesorectal Excision for Rectal Cancer
34. Combined Endoscopic-Laparoscopic Surgery (CELS) for Colorectal Polypectomy
• SECTION VII: HAND-ASSISTED AND SINGLE-INCISION LAPAROSCOPIC COLORECTAL SURGERY
35. Hand-Assisted Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
36. Single-Incision Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
This comprehensive book provides the reader a perspective of the current evidence-based management of Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery. It covers sections on benign surgery for IBD, diverticulitis, rectal prolapse etc. along with the procedures for colon and rectal cancers, including laparoscopic TME. The accompanying videos complement the text imparting specific operative skills of exposure, retraction, countertraction, dissection, vascular control, hemostasis, laparoscopic Stapling, anastomosis, specimen extraction and stoma formation. This book aims to help surgeons to learn, standardize, practice and master the complex skills of Laparoscopic colorectal surgery.
• Provides step by step solution to the difficulties encountered by the beginners by covering a section on bugbears.
• Caters to General, GI, Oncology and Colorectal surgeons who have the adequate basic laparoscopic skills and have already been doing some advanced laparoscopic surgery in form of laparoscopic Upper GI and bowel surgery and would want to start laparoscopic colorectal surgery.
• Covers a section on Robotic and single incision laparoscopic surgery providing the contemporary knowledge in this emerging field, whereas a section on trans-anal surgery provides a futuristic dimension to this field.
Dr. Sanjiv Haribhakti is a Surgical Gastroenterologist practicing in Ahmedabad, India since 1997. Currently, he is the Chairman, Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Kaizen Hospital, institute of GE, Ahmedabad, India. After his basic medical education in Gujarat University, a Gold medallist at both final MBBS and MS(Gen. Surgery), he did DNB(Surgery) and undertook training in GI Surgery at India’s premier institute, AIIMS, New Delhi. He later completed his specialty training MCh(Surgical GE) from SGPGIMS, Lucknow, a state-of-art super speciality training center in 1996.
Dr. Sanjiv Haribhakti has organized more than 20 conferences in the field of Surgical GE, and is an invited faculty in more than 100 national and over 10 international meetings. He also has to his credit 28 publications in indexed journals. He performs a wide spectrum of advanced laparoscopic and open GI surgery; however, his special interest is in the field of laparoscopic ileal pouch surgery for ulcerative colitis, laparoscopic colorectal cancer surgery and minimally invasive surgery for pancreatic necrosis.
He is an Editor of Comprehensive state-of-the-art textbook “Surgical Gastroenterology”, 3rd edition of which was released recently, in 2 volumes, 188 chapters and several contributors across the globe. Accompanying this book, he has also created an online educational “Video Atlas of GI Surgery”, of more than 100 teaching videos in Surgical Gastroenterology with audio narration, step by step demonstration along with important anatomical landmarks, and with contributions from many international experts, which is available on www.gisurgery.info .