The series “Clinical Approach and Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology” intends to be a practical guide in Cosmetic Dermatology. Procedures in cosmetic dermatology are very popular and useful in medicine, indicated to complement topical and oral treatments not only for photodamaged skin but also for other dermatosis such as acne, rosacea, scars, etc. Also, full-face treatments using peelings, lasers, fillers and toxins are increasingly being used, successfully substituting or postponing the need for plastic surgeries. Altogether, these techniques not only provide immediate results but also help patients to sustain long-term benefits, both preventing/treating dermatological diseases and maintaining a healthy and youthful skin. Throughout this series, different treatments in Cosmetic Dermatology will be discussed in detail covering the use of many pharmacological groups of cosmeceuticals, the new advances in nutraceuticals and emerging technologies and procedures. This volume addresses the most important physical approaches in cosmetic dermatology, disclosing their uses and advantages. Here are discussed in detail the applicability of lasers and other lights, photodynamic therapy, radiofrequency, ultrasound and transepidermal drug delivery.
• Offers a practical guide on cosmetic dermatology
• Presents the most recent knowledge regarding the use of chemical and physical peelings
• Illustrates procedures and results, step by step, through impressive collections of photographs
• Provides an important tool for aesthetic doctors, dermatologists, plastic surgeons and other physicians in the field of aesthetic medicine
• Dr. Maria Claudia Almeida Issa is among the leading dermatologists in Brazil and Latin America, especially in what regards to cosmetic Dermatology. Dr. Issa holds a PhD in Dermatology from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (2008) and a MsC in Dermatology from the Fluminense Federal University (1997). Dr. Issa is currently an Associate Professor within the Department of Clinical Medicine – Dermatology, at the Fluminense Federal University, Brazil. Her research focuses on Photodynamic Therapy, non-Melanoma Skin Cancer, Lasers, Photoaging and Dermal Remodeling. Finally, Dr. Issa has an extensive clinical experience in cosmetic dermatology, being registered as a dermatologist at the Brazilian Society of Dermatology since 1995.
• Dr. Bhertha Tamura has MSc and PhD degrees in dermatology, by the Hospital das Clínicas de São Paulo – Universidade de São Paulo. Specialist in general surgery and dermatology. Counselor for the Brazilian Society of Dermatologic Surgery and for the Brazilian Society of Dermatology. Member of the Scientific Commission of the Brazilian Society of Dermatology. Chief of the Department of Dermatology at the Complexo Hospital Heliopolis (São Paulo, Brazil). Member of several international dermatological societies.