Part 1 Current and traditional root analysis of the learning process,. What is the training all about? Lesson learned from Japanese culture,. Training of the trainers
• The anatomy of education and learning process
• The progress of education and learning process through years
• The light of science and knowledge never fades away
Part 2 Ethics and metacognition of education learning and career development
• Career development in neurosurgery
• Metacognition of learning
• Ethics of learning and teaching
• Ethics of clinical research
• Utilitarianism and consequentialism in learning and career development
• Values Based Medicine (VsBM); Trainee is the center of the training process
Part 3 Obstacles, difficulties and setbacks in learning and career development process
• Women in neurosurgery an inspiring story
• Cross borders learning and career development
• Difficult trainee!
• Difficult teacher!
• Learning form errors
• Dreams and realities- Challenges of Low-income countries
• “Surgical Training for Developing Countries: Challenges and Opportunities.”
Part 4 Learning in the digital area
• Hybrid learning in neurosurgery
• The modern teaching learning and training tools (Simulation, research…)
• Artificial intelligence in neurosurgery
• Intelligent operating room
• Distance learning, CME and on job training
• Examination, evaluation and certification in digital area
Part 5 Mentorship
• Who is the mentor? Quality, obligation and continues self-training
• Who needs a mentor? How to choose the mentor?.
The neurosurgical, surgical and medical training and practice models have to keep up with the technological revolution in the 21st Century as our lives changed on a swift base. Making bioethics and metacognition a cornerstone in medical education and practice will flourish our humane societies.
Metacognition is thinking about one’s thinking, to plan, monitor and assess one’s understanding and performance. By adherence to medical ethics and Values-Based Medicine (VsBM) as guiding principles, we can develop benevolent medical practice. To enhance knowledge application, skills, and character qualities in realms beyond the immediate context in which they were learned.
In this book, we developed a framework on how to evolve medical education and training by utilizing hi-tech. We divided the book into five principal components; Current and traditional root analysis of the learning process, Ethics and metacognition of education, learning and career development, Obstacles, difficulties and setbacks in learning and career development process, Learning in the digital era, and Mentorship.
The author believes we are entering a new era of information technology, which will have a significant impact on the education, sciences, strategies and philosophy. Therefore, in preparation for this colossal transformation, the author brings together the best brains in the neurosurgical field from around the globe. Twenty distinguished Professors of Neurosurgery and educators from Canada, the USA, Colombia, the UK, Italy, the Netherland, India, Japan, China, Rwanda, Egypt and Saudi Arabia gathered their experiences and thoughts in this book to shade light on an evolving world that will be the norm in near future.
• Provides a framework on how to evolve medical education and training by utilizing hi-tech
• Focusses on medical ethics and Values-Based Medicine (VsBM) as guiding principles
• Written by distinguished Professors of Neurosurgery and educators from around the globe