• Provides an overview of machine learning, both for a clinical and engineering audience
• Summarize recent advances in both cardiovascular medicine and artificial intelligence
• Discusses the advantages of using machine learning for outcomes research and image processing
• Addresses the ever-expanding application of this novel technology and discusses some of the unique challenges associated with such an approach
• Subhi J. Al'Aref, M.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, U.S.A.
• Gurpreet Singh, Senior Manager, Data Science Capabilities Glaxosmithkline, based in Philadelphia, U.S.A.
• Lohendran Baskaran, Visiting Assistant Professor of Research in Radiology at Weill Cornell Medicine, New York Consultant Cardiologist with the Department of Cardiology at the National Heart Centre Singapore.
• Dimitri Metaxas, Distinguished Professor of Computer Science, Rutgers University, U.S.A. Director of the Center for Computational Biomedicine, Imaging and Modeling (CBIM)