The definitive full-color illustrated guide to abdominal operations for general, colorectal, and gastrointestinal surgeons
With each edition, Maingot's Abdominal Operations has built a legacy of expertise, currency, and clinical rigor acclaimed by surgical trainees and practicing surgeons. Presented in full-color, the Thirteenth Edition offers a concise, yet complete, survey of the diagnosis and management of benign and malignant digestive diseases. This authoritative resource has everything clinicians need to understand congenital, acquired, and neoplastic disorders--and optimize surgical outcomes for any type of abdominal procedure.
• Increased number of algorithms to assist surgical decision making
• Contemporary focus on operative procedures, and new concepts in the diagnosis and management of abdominal disease
• Convenient organ/procedure presentation provides a seamless review of surgical protocols, as well as pre- and postoperative strategies and techniques
• “Perspective Chapters” provide insight from thought leaders on the latest developments in abdominal surgery
• Chapters on gastrointestinal bleeding, abdominal trauma, and abdominal vascular emergencies--along with minimally invasive surgery chapters woven throughout the text--present current, ready-to-use insights designed to enhance surgical care and recovery
• More than 1,250 illustrations (most in full color)