ARIEY, F.; GAY, F.; MÉNARD, R.
• Country-Owned, Country-Driven: Perspectives from the World Health Organization on Malaria Elimination
• Current Situation of Malaria in Africa
• Current Malaria Situation in Asia-Oceania
• Malaria Situation in Latin America and the Caribbean: Residual and Resurgent Transmission and Challenges for Control and Elimination
• Diagnosing Malaria: Methods, Tools, and Field Applicability
• Serological Profiling for Malaria Surveillance Using a Standard ELISA Protocol
• Controlled Human Malaria Infection (CHMI) Studies: Over 100 Years of Experience with Parasite Injections
• In Vivo Assessments to Detect Antimalarial Resistance
• Plasmodium falciparum In Vitro Drug Resistance Selections and Gene Editing
An Update on Artemisinin Resistance
• Antimalarial Drugs for Malaria Elimination
• Vaccine Development: From Preclinical Studies to Phase 1/2 Clinical Trials
• The Advanced Development Pathway of the RTS,S/AS01 Vaccine
• Live Vaccines against Plasmodium Pre-Erythrocytic Stages
• Development of Blood Stage Malaria Vaccines
• Insecticide-Treated Mosquito Nets
• Sampling Adult Populations of Anopheles Mosquitoes
• Insecticides and Insecticide Resistance
• Herbal Remedies to Treat Malaria in Madagascar: Hype and Hope
• Vade Retro Malaria: The Vagaries of Eradication Campaigns.
This detailed book serves to provide a global overview of the goals, rationale, and scientific basis for malaria control and elimination, as well as tools, methods, and strategies to that end. Opening with a section on malaria epidemiology, the volume continues by covering tools that are critical to malaria management, anti-malarial drugs and resistance to these drugs, vaccination approaches against malaria, vector control, as well as some perspective on the future of the fight against this devastating disease. Written for the highly successful Method in Molecular Biology series, chapters in this collection feature the kind of practical, hands-on advice that leads to better results in the field.
Authoritative and important, Malaria Control and Elimination is a valuable reference for all those involved in malaria control and elimination worldwide, from students to health practitioners and field researchers seeking to make eradication a reality wherever possible.
• Provides practical, hands-on advice from the experts
• Includes cutting-edge information
• Serves as a guide to malaria control and elimination throughout the world