1. Breast Cancer Trends: Global and Indian Scenario
2. Role of Screening: Guidelines and Recommendations
3. Imaging: Controversies and Interventions in Early Breast Cancer
4. Pathology of Early Breast Carcinomas
5. Molecular Mechanisms of Early Breast Cancer
6. Surgical Management of Early Breast Cancer
7. Sentinel Lymph Node in Early Breast Cancer: Evidence, Techniques, and Controversies
8. Oncoplastic Surgery in Early Breast Cancer
9. Risk Stratification for Adjuvant Treatment in Early Breast Cancer
10. Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Early Breast Cancer
11. Role of Anti-HER2/Neu Molecules in the Management of HER2-Positive Early Breast Cancer
12. Adjuvant Endocrine Therapy in Early Breast Cancer
13. Ductal Carcinoma In Situ: Current Consensus in Management
14. Radiation Treatment in Early Breast Cancer: An Overview
15. Breast Radiation Therapy Techniques
16. Role of Radiation Therapy in Early Breast Cancer Patients with One to Three Pathological Nodes
17. Regional Nodal Irradiation in Early Breast Cancer
18. Hypofractionation: Evidence, Rationale, and Practice
19. Accelerated Partial-Breast Irradiation: Current Evidence and Techniques
20. Psychological Impact of Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment: The Role of Psychooncology
Breast cancer, its causes, early detection and treatment have received considerable attention, since this widespread disease is one of the most important health concerns for women. This book provides a comprehensive overview of the diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of the management of early-stage breast cancer, including essential information on basic topics like pathology, and radiology, as well as the latest developments. Further, it discusses all aspects of surgical care, chemotherapy and radiation therapy, together with the controversies and current management guidelines. Helping readers acquire a deep, holistic understanding of the topic, the book is a valuable resource for practitioners and postgraduate students in the field of gynecologic oncology. Moreover, it is a useful aid to decision-making in day-to-day practice for oncologists, residents, fellows and experienced practitioners.
• Provides a comprehensive coverage of the management of early stage breast cancer
• Chapters cover the latest evidence based approach in diagnosis and management of early stage breast cancer
• Easy to follow algorithms and key points in each chapter
• Includes vital information on advances in the field of diagnosis of early stage breast cancer
• Supplies data on the development of some new modalities for management of breast cancer
• Offers a general overview of the available tools for breast cancer treatment
• Dr Beena Kunheri is currently a Professor at the department of Radiation Oncology at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, India. She completed her undergraduate medical training at Calicut Medical College, and her postgraduate training in Radiation Oncology was mentored and guided by the prestigious Regional Cancer Centre Trivandrum under the aegis of Trivandrum Medical College.
Her areas of special interest include gynecological oncology, breast oncology and uro-oncology, and she has authored several peer-reviewed, national and international publications and been an invited speaker at various scientific meetings. She is also a reviewer for a number of journals. She has spent time at international oncology centers like the Royal Marsden Hospital, London; Hamad Medical Corporation, Qatar; and Heidelberg University, Germany.
• Dr D.K. Vijaykumar completed his MBBS and MS at BJ Medical College Pune, and his surgical oncology specialization at the Cancer Institute (WIA) Adayar, Chennai. He is currently a Professor and Head of the Department of Breast and Gynecologic Oncology at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, India. He has worked at various major cancer centers in India, including the Regional Cancer Center Trivandrum, Kidwai Institute Bangalore and Kasturba Medical College Manipal. His areas of interest include breast oncology and gynecologic oncology, and he has authored several peer-reviewed publications and is a reviewer for a number of oncology journals. He is also an examiner for various surgical oncology superspeciality exams.