1. Zygomaticomaxillary Complex Anatomy
2. Preoperative Assessment before Orbital-Zygomaticomaxillary Surgery
3. Preoperative Surgical Planning
4. Surgical Access to Orbital-Zygomaticomaxillary Fractures
5. Fixation Techniques for Stabilizing Orbital-Zygomaticomaxillary Fracture
6. Soft Tissue Management in Orbital-Zygomaticomaxillary Surgery
7. Intraoperative Evaluation during Orbital-Zygomaticomaxillary Surgery
8. Postoperative Assessment After Orbital-Zygomaticomaxillary Surgery
9. Complications Associated with Orbital-Zygomaticomaxillary Surgery
10. New Advances in the Planning and Management of Orbital Zygomaticomaxillary Fractures
11. Management of Post-Traumatic Orbital Zygomaticomaxillary Deformities and Secondary Reconstruction
This excellently illustrated book provides a thorough overview of the management of orbito-zygomaticomaxillary fractures, which can be complex since both function and facial form may be affected. Practical guidance is offered on all aspects, including clinical examination, CT assessment, surgical planning, surgical access and techniques, soft tissue management, intra- and postoperative assessment, and management of complications. In addition, important technological advancements in planning and treatment are described, including the use of navigation systems and 3D printing. Finally, the authors discuss strategies involving delayed surgical intervention and revision surgery for the malpositioned zygomatic maxillary complex. Management of Orbito-zygomaticomaxillary Fractures will be of value for oral and maxillofacial/craniomaxillofacial surgeons at all levels of experience
• Covers all aspects of diagnosis, planning, and treatment
• Describes the use of navigation systems and 3D printing
• Includes a wealth of clinical illustrations
• Hisham Marwan, DDS, is Assistant Professor of Surgery in the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Texas, USA. Prior to taking up this position in July 2018, he was a Surgical Fellow in Oral/Head and Neck Oncology and Microvascular Reconstruction Surgery at the Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida, USA. He graduated in dental medicine from King Abdulaziz University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 2009 and later completed a residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Jackson Memorial Hospital. Dr. Marwan is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, a Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, the International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and the American Academy of Craniomaxillofacial Surgeons. Dr. Marwan is the author of multiple articles in indexed journals and has authored various textbook chapters. He is a distinguished renowned speaker and nationally and internationally recognized lecturer.
• Yoh Sawatari, DDS, is Associate Professor of Clinical Surgery and Director of Residency in the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, Florida, USA. Dr. Sawatari graduated from the University of Michigan, School of Dentistry in 1995 and completed a residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Jackson Memorial Hospital in 2004. He joined the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital as an Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery in 2006. Dr. Sawatari is a Diplomat of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, a Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Sawatari has authored a textbook on facial trauma, and has written multiple textbook chapters along with 20 original articles in peer-reviewed journals. He gives lectures at a national and international level.
• Michael Peleg, DMD, is Professor of Clinical Surgery at the University of Miami School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Division of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Peleg graduated from University of Bucharest School of Dental Medicine and General Dentistry in 1982. He subsequently undertook a residency in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in Israel and fellowships in Craniofacial Trauma & Reconstruction and Tumor and Reconstructive Surgery in Switzerland and the United States, respectively. Dr. Peleg is the author of more than 50 articles in indexed journals and has delivered more than 70 scientific presentations nationally and internationally.