• Management of patients with dementia – an introduction
• Diagnosis and support of patients with dementia – a patient perspective on current goals and practice
• Diagnostic evaluation of dementia
• Disclosure of diagnosis in MCI and dementia
• Anti-dementia medication
• Review of medication in patients with dementia
• Management approaches for behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia
• Management of vascular risk factors in dementia
• Assessment and management of pain in patients with dementia
• Management of Motor Symptoms in Dementia Disorders
• Management of sleep disorders in patients with dementia
• Seizures and Epilepsy in Dementia: Diagnosis and Management
• Physical and cognitive exercise for patients with dementia
• Promoting functional independence in dementia
• Patients with Dementia in Hospital
• Long-term care for patients with dementia
• End-Of-Life Care In Patients with Advanced Dementia
• Systematic medical follow-up of patients with dementia.
This book provides an overall introduction to the medical management of dementia with chapters dedicated to specific topics such as pain, epilepsy, vascular risk factors in dementia and review of medication, which are often not addressed in books on the subject, and thereby filling a gap in the field.
Chapters are supplemented with cases to highlight key concepts and treatment approaches, and to provide the reader with the possibility to reflect on management options and the readers´ own current practice.
This book is aimed at clinicians of different specialties (mainly neurology, psychiatry, geriatric medicine and general practice/family medicine) who manage patients with dementia on a regular basis, and thus provides useful guidance to be used in the clinic.
• Addresses overlooked or under recognized issue in patients with dementia, the management of which necessitates special insight
• Provides guidance and knowledge for daily clinical practice in the medical management of patients with dementia
• Incorporates cases into chapters to illustrate the principles and management approaches